Manage MX records
This tutorial will help you to set up your DNS domain name to change mail servers (MX Records).
Use Case: - You have a dedicated server or home server acting as mail server. - You use services of an antispam hosted mode. - You use messaging services of a specialized company. This feature is reserved for experimented users. Please set this feature only if you know what you are doing.
Log on Your Account section "Domain Names" >> "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Services management", select "DNS Settings"
Above all, please read the following tutorial:
Modify MX Records
1. Enter the feature "Advanced DNS"
2. Remove the MX records currently defined for the domain
3. Select the type "MX" and click on<Add>
4. Add a mail server, the value of the new MX
Necessarily a domain name server and not an IP (e.g mx.serveurmail.com)
5. Select a priority (lowest value indicate that this MX server will be use in priority
6. Click on <OK>
7. The new MX record is added to the list of DNS records
If MX records are no longer those of FranceDNS, our email service is not functional anymore.
The change causes a new setting of the DNS, domain will be effective under an average from 24 to 48 hours.